As promised, here is an ahhhhh-mazing peanut sauce alternative recipe.
I’ve discussed in previous posts that Logan is a stirfry lover. It’s one of our tried and true ways to stuff him full of veggies. If you remember, I was so distressed about his soy allergy that I went to work and created a soy-free stirfry sauce here.
Last week, I made coconut oil chocolate chip cookies with coconut oil courtesy of Coconut Secret. I attempted to make the cookies with coconut flour as well but I am not yet skilled in baking with alternative flours – I’m planning on updating that recipe later on once I’ve perfected it so those with GF allergies can enjoy it as well.
That being said, I am a peanut sauce lover. We don’t eat peanut sauce anymore at home. So, I used Coconut Secret’s Coconut Flour to make Soy-Free “Peanut” Sauce!
Soy-Free “Peanut” Sauce
Prepare recipe for Soy-Free Stirfry Sauce; you’ll also need 2 tbsp sunbutter and 1 tbsp Coconut Secret Coconut Flour, divided into 1 tsp increments
- Prepare stirfry sauce; bring to a roiling boil.
- Add 1 tsp of the coconut flour while stirring continuously. Once the flour dissolves, add another tsp, repeating the process, then adding last tsp.
- When the entire tbsp of coconut flour of coconut flour has been stirred into the sauce, add the sunbutter, stirring until dissolved.
- Turn heat to low. Simmer until sauce thickens.
- Pour over stirfry, pasta or whatever you’re using the sauce for. Enjoy.
Unfortunately I don’t have any awesome food pics because I took them but accidentally deleted them. And my iCloud is full. Whoops.
Our take on Coconut Secret Coconut Flour? It works just as well as conventional flour as a thickening agent in this sauce, it’s delicious and it’s versatile. It has a definite learning curve when it comes to baking – but I’m up to the challenge!
Note: Coconut Secret Coconut Flour was provided to me for use on this blog, but my opinions are my own.